Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale
RONACRETE (FAR EAST) LIMITED
IN THESE CONDITIONS:
'BUYER' means the person who accepts a quotation of the Seller for the sale of the Goods or
whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Seller
'GOODS' means the goods (including any installment of the goods or any parts for them) which the
Seller is to supply in accordance with these Conditions
'SELLER' means Ronacrete (Far East) Limited of 16/F, No.3 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong
'CONDITIONS' means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and
(unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing
between the Buyer and the Seller
'CONTRACT' means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods
'WRITING' includes letter, facsimile transmission and comparable means of communication.
- Any reference in these Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended, re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
- The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- IN THESE CONDITIONS:
BASIS OF THE SALE
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer or any written order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller, subject in either case to these Conditions: which subject as provided below shall govern the Contract to the entire exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between the authorized representatives of the Buyer and the Seller.
- The Seller's employees or agents are not authorized to make any representations or inducements of any sort concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Seller in Writing. ln entering into the Contract the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations or inducements which are not so confirmed.
- Any advice or recommendation given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer's own risk, and accordingly the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- Each Contract shall be on the basis that it is a special order of goods.
- The Buyer shall not resell the Goods or any part or installment thereof without the prior consent in Writing of the Seller.
ORDERS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Seller unless and until confirmed in Writing by the Seller's authorised representative.
- The Buyer alone shall be responsible to the Seller for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer, and for giving the Seller any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable the Seller to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms.
- The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Seller's quotation, or reasonably approximate thereto in the circumstances (if accepted by the Buyer) or the Buyer's order (if accepted by the Seller).
- lf the Goods are to be manufactured or any process ls to be applied to the Goods by the Seller in accordance with a specification submitted by the Buyer, the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all loss, damages, costs and expenses awarded against or incurred by the Seller in connection with or paid or agreed to be paid by the Seller in settlement of any claim for infringement of any patent, copyright, design, trade mark or other industrial or intellectual property rights of any other person which results from the Seller's use of the Buyer's specification.
- The Seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to the Seller's specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
- No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in Writing of the Seller and on terms that the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of cancellation.
PRICE OF THE GOODS
- The price of the Goods shall be the Seller's quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price listed in the Seller's published price list current at the date of acceptance of the order. All prices quoted are valid for 30 days only or until earlier acceptance by the Buyer, after which time they may be altered by the Seller without giving notice to the Buyer.
- The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation, alteration of duties, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture), any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer, or any delay caused by any instructions of the Buyer or failure of the Buyer to give the Seller adequate information or instructions.
- Except as otherwise stated under the terms of any quotation or in any price list of the Seller, and unless otherwise agreed in Writing between the Buyer and the Seller, all prices are given by the Seller on an ex works basis, and where the Seller agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at the Seller's premises, the Buyer shall be liable to pay the Seller's charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Subject to any special terms agreed in Writing between the Buyer and the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods on or at any time after delivery of the Goods, or the Goods have left Seller's premises whichever is the sooner, unless the Goods are to be collected by the Buyer or the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- The Buyer shall pay the invoice for the Goods (less any discount to which the Buyer is entitled, but without any other deduction) within the terms as stated on the invoice, notwithstanding that delivery may not have taken place and the property in the Goods has not passed to the Buyer. The time of payment of the invoice shall be of the essence of the Contract. Receipts for payment will be issued only upon request.
lf the Buyer fails to make any payment on the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to:
- cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries to the Buyer;
- appropriate any payment made by the Buyer to such of the Goods (or the goods supplied under any other contract between the Buyer and the Seller) as the Seller may think fit (notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the Buyer); and
- charge the Buyer interest (both before and after any judgment) on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 3 per cent per annum above the prime lending rate quoted by HSBC from time to time.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Buyer collecting the Goods at the Seller's premises at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or, if some other place for delivery is agreed by the Seller, by the Seller delivering or rendering delivery of the Goods to that place.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods or consequential loss howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in writing. The Goods may be delivered by the Seller in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
- Where delivery of the Goods is to be made by the Seller in bulk, the Seller reserves the right to deliver up to 5 per cent more or 5 per cent less than the quantity ordered without any adjustment in the price, and the quantity so delivered shall be deemed to be the quantity ordered.
- Where the Goods are to be delivered in installments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by the Seller to deliver any one or more of the installments in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Buyer in respect of any one or more installments shall not entitle the Buyer to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated. lf the Seller fails to deliver the Goods for any reason other than any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control or the Buyer's fault, and the Seller is accordingly liable to the Buyer, the Seller's liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to the Buyer (in the cheapest available market) of similar goods to replace those not delivered over the price of the Goods.
lf the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give the Seller adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Buyer's reasonable control or by reason of the Seller's fault) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller may:
- store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for the reasonable costs (including lnsurance) of storage; or
- sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
RISK AND PROPERTY
Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery:
- in the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller's premises, at the time when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection; or
- in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller's premises, at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods as the seller's fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Buyer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as the Seller's property. Until that time the Buyer shall be entitled to resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business but not to change the nature of the Goods or amalgamate them with other goods, The Buyer shall account to the Seller for the proceeds of sale or otherwise of the Goods, whether tangible or intangible, including insurance proceeds, and shall keep all such proceeds separate from any moneys or property of the Buyer and third parties and, in the case of tangible proceeds, properly stored, protected and insured. Until such account is made, the seller shall have a paramount lieu over such proceeds.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer (whether or not the Goods are still in separate existence and have not been resold), the Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Buyer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Seller) forthwith become due and payable.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery:
WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
Warranties express or implied into the contract are given by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
- the Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever, including liability for negligence, in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Buyer;
- the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller's instructions for use (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Seller's approval;
- the Seller shall be under no liability under the any warranty express or implied (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment;
- the above warranty does not extend to materials not manufactured by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to the Seller.
- The Buyer shall use the Goods strictly in accordance with any instructions for use supplied by the Seller. The Seller will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, costs claims or proceedings whatsoever arising out of the Buyer failure to do so.
- The performance of the Goods is limited to that detailed in the current data sheet of the Goods. Any additional performance requirements will only be accepted by confirmation in Writing from the Seller.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery or short delivery of goods unless full particulars thereof are given to the Seller in Writing within 7 days of the date of the relevant invoice.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions, the Seller shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at the Seller's sole discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but the Seller shall have no further liability whatsoever to the Buyer.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller's negligence, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation that amounts to a misrepresentation or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
- The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Seller's obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control.
- Warranties express or implied into the contract are given by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
- All drawings, specifications, patents, designs, trade mark, dyes or other industrial or intellectual property rights ("the lntellectual Property") supplied by the Seller to the Buyer shall remain the property of the Seller and shall be returned to the Seller on request. Should the Buyer fail so to return any of such items, then the Buyer shall be liable for any loss or expense thereby suffered or incurred by the Seller.
- No copyright material comprised in the lntellectual Property may be altered or amended by the Buyer without the prior written consent of the Seller. No artwork other than that comprised in the lntellectual Property shall be used in relation to any of the Goods without the prior written consent of the Seller. No copyright material comprised in the lntellectual Property may be used in connection with the manufacture, distribution or marketing of any goods other than the Goods for which the use of such material is specified.
- The Buyer recognizes the Seller's title to the lntellectual Property and shall not claim any rights title or interest in the lntellectual Property or any part of it save as is granted by the Seller.
- The Buyer shall not register or use any of the lntellectual Property in its own name as proprietor.
- The Buyer shall hold all goodwill generated by its operations under the Contract as bare trustee for the benefit of the Seller.
- Any designs or other works derived by the Buyer from the lntellectual Property or any part of it shall be held by it as bare trustee for the Seller and at the Seller's request shall be assigned to it without compensation.
- The Buyer shall not use any part of the lntellectual Property in a manner which might amount to infringement of passing off and the Buyer shall call to the attention of the Seller the use of any part of the lntellectual Property by any third party or any activity of any third party which might in the opinion of the Buyer amount to infringement or passing off.
INSOLVENCY OF BUYER
This clause applies if:
- the Buyer makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
- an encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer; or
- the Buyer ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or
- the Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- lf this clause applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller (including, for the avoidance of doubt, those rights and remedies referred to in clauses 7.2,7.3 and 7.4) the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
- This clause applies if:
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in Writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party glving the notice.
- No variation of this contract or waiver by the Seller of any breach of the Contract by the Buyer shall be considered as a waiver of subsequent contracts or a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
- The Contract shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong SAR ("HKSAR") and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the court of the HKSAR for the determination of disputes arising under this Contract.
- This English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail over any other version if discrepancies arise.
- These terms and conditions are also available on the web site of the Seller at www.ronacrete.com.hk